Friday 17 February 2012

The dog ate my homework



No really, she did! Twice!  I guess that's what you get for doing homework out of something edible, although with our dog it would not even have to be edible!

Diggle had his 100 day project done. He made a picture of a boy fishing, with fish etc, using 100 goldfish crackers. We glued them onto a piece of cardboard and left it to dry on the table. Monster dog jumped up onto the table and ate half the crackers. We redid the picture, moved it so that monster could not get to it and left it to dry. It dried, was looking great and Princess decided to move it, the next morning monster ate the boy and the sun. We redid it again and this time warned anyone who moved it would be in deep trouble.  Diggle got to take it to school this time and do his presentation then guess what?  The class promptly tucked in and ripped all the crackers off and ate them....good thing I used non toxic glue!  It's also a good thing I had the insight to buy two bags of crackers!

She is still stealing mitts, and the odd toy, but she has not destroyed the last few, she runs around with them in her mouth whining till I take them away, I think she knows she should not have it, and is conflicted about whether she should rip it apart or hide the evidence quickly.

I have found she is trainable, I now have her trained that when I am about to go out somewhere I say in your box and point, and she runs into her crate and lies down. Her being happy to be crated while I am out is wonderful, as I no longer have to worry that she is howling and disturbing the neighbours, and no longer have to worry and wonder what part of my house or possessions will be destroyed by the time I get home.

Now if I could get her to stop climbing on the tables and taking food out of the kids hands we may be getting somewhere.


Despite all that the monster dog has eaten she seems to have wormed her way into our hearts. Even DH who was in favour of sending her to the pound for the 1st 8 months of her life with us seems to have come around. I heard him telling her he loved her the other night while cuddling her in front of the fireplace. Of course this was after an awful lot of red wine, and about 10 minutes later he was snoring on the floor, so I am sure he will deny it verhimintly if questioned, either that or he was talking to his glass of red wine!



No comments:

Post a Comment